Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Face Painting Darth Maul from Star Wars on little boy


My model for today's face painting was a little 4 year old boy.
He insisted on being Darth Maul from Star Wars, so I used that character for my inspiration.

Face Painting makeup used (water-based, washable, skin-safe):
Paradise Red (sponged-base)
Wolfe White over Paradise Yellow (horns with chisel brush)
Tag Pearl Black (detail lines, round brush, easier to wash pearl black off young faces)

Time: This design is not for 'line work', as it takes awhile. The above painting took about 15-20 minutes because I am not very quick at it and had to refer to a photo inspiration several times.

 The first time I tried this design was on a 6 year old who wanted every detail a certain way, and it took me 45 minutes! Step by step photos and instructions in my prior post:


For an even faster half-partial face with different detailing, you could try the design below, which uses much less red makeup but is still enjoyed by younger kids who want a Darth Maul type of character:
(Black Hooded Cloak was purchased from CastlesNCrowns.blogspot.com)


All faces painted by Tricia: Now Retired.


Blessings!
© Jingles And Tricia



No comments:

Post a Comment